When I read this on For the Knit of It,
I thought the idea was too good not to share. So what does knitting mean to me?
My 10 top thoughts.
- Keeps fingers nimble and the brain agile (I hope!)
- Relaxes and soothes (think swathes of garter)
- Challenges and stimulates (lace in all its intricacy)
- Means wearing clothes that fit
- Makes long journeys seem much shorter
- Is giving presents that are personal
- Is being creative with colour and textures without having to be inventive
- Brings like-minded people together
- Is learning and teaching and sharing all rolled into one
- Lets you be a little part of something bigger (Knitting for Water)
What does knitting mean to you?